A Legacy Of Protecting Civil Rights In Texas And Nationwide
At Ellwanger Henderson, we fight for justice. Our partners share rich family histories supporting civil rights. They learned firsthand from their elders about their experiences in civil rights advocacy, including:
- Marching in Selma
- Campaigning against segregationists
- Crafting legislation in Washington
Today, the cause of justice still runs through our blood. We have helped individuals and classes of people obtain relief in a wide range of civil rights cases. For example, our attorneys have challenged the constitutionality of anti-riot laws on behalf of our clients. Standing up for people’s rights is a large part of our passion and vocation at Ellwanger Henderson.
What is considered a violation of civil rights?
- Discrimination on the basis of membership in a protected class (such by race or national origin, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation) in housing, employment, school, voting rights, business dealings, health care and public spaces
- Injury through excessive force or other types of mistreatment by law enforcement agents or prison guards
- Human trafficking and sexual abuse
- Denial of freedoms, such as the freedom of speech, religion or the right to assemble or protest
- Unreasonable search and seizure, denial of due process, denial of equal protection under the law
- Sexual harassment or discrimination on the job
Our Team Is Here To Stand Up For You
Let us hear from you if your civil rights have been violated at work or in daily life. Our civil rights attorneys can help you gather evidence, document the wrongdoing and its impact on you, and protect yourself against retaliation for whistleblowing. If others have shared your experiences, our attorneys can help you initiate a class action lawsuit or join an existing one.
The compassionate lawyers at Ellwanger Henderson can assist you in pursuing justice through reports to government agencies and/or litigation and are ready to fight for you. Contact us by email or call 737-808-2260 and get started today.